collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It takes a man that have the blues to sing the blues - Huddie Lead Belly Ledbitter, to Alan Lomax

Author Topic: Geoff Muldaur & Texas Sheiks  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Bunker Hill

Re: Geoff Muldaur & Texas Sheiks
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 02:49:34 AM »
Here's the snapshot placed just above the Spivey endorsement (click to enlarge):

Offline Cleoma

• Howdy!
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 12:42:36 PM »
Great to read all the stuff about Maria - she has an excellent new CD of jug band music called Maria Muldaur & her Garden of Joy Jug Band.

The Geoff Muldaur & Texas Sheiks CDs has continued to get really good reviews, and much to my amusement-horror-bewilderment, it apparently is inching up the "Americana" chart.  First time anything I've recorded has been on any chart.  If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, you can find info plus links to some of the cuts here:  http://www.ericandsuzy.com/sheiks.htm

We will be playing in Austin Texas and Berkeley California in early Dec. I'll post details on the "Gigs" forum.

Suzy

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 01:34:11 PM »
Great to read all the stuff about Maria - she has an excellent new CD of jug band music called Maria Muldaur & her Garden of Joy Jug Band.

Which, in interest of full disclosure, you also play on.

I've been listening to them both for a several weeks now--and I highly recommend both. Maria and Dan Hicks do a duet that is hilarious. Great stuff--Well done, Suzy!--and thanks again for the heads up.

Offline Cleoma

• Howdy!
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 03:07:49 PM »
Yes - the Dan Hicks duet is my favorite cut on Maria's album too (and I don't play on it!)  I wish they'd do a whole album of duets, they are soooo funny together and so amazingly musical at the same time.

If you are in the SF Bay Area:  Maria Muldaur is playing at Freight & Salvage this Friday night Nov. 27 (the night after Thanksgiving) with her Garden of Joy Jug Band, and Eric & I will sit in some too.  Maria's band consists of the Gallus Brothers, Lucas and Devin, 2 young men from the Northwest who are amazing multi-instrumentalists and also juggle and do acrobatics (I don't know whether they do this in Maria's show) plus Kit Stovepipe, another young man from the Northwest, who is a wonderful resonator guitarist and also plays jug, tub and probably every other instrument, plus Kirk who is also from the Northwest and plays bass.  Sorry I do not have the last names of these fine players.  They just finished a long tour so they should be plenty warmed up by now!

Slack, please feel free to post elsewhere if it seems appropriate.
Suzy

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal