collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Now a short haired woman waiting for to carry your troubles on. Make you think through the daytime, trouble you all night long. She make you think you right, when you know darn well you wrong - Will Batts, Country Woman

Author Topic: Oddities on album covers  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
Oddities on album covers
« on: January 22, 2005, 09:36:26 AM »
a discussion in the post-war list (about whether a certain Big Joe Williams photo is reversed or not) caused me to add a new page to my site dedicated to all kinds of oddities on LP/CD covers: click here to go to that page

Example from back cover of Kicking Mule KM 136:

I'm certain there's a lot to add to that page, so don't hesitate to tell me your finds,
Stefan

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Oddities on album covers
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 03:10:51 PM »
Hi Stefan,
On the back of the Yazoo album of Blind Boy Fuller, "Truckin' My Blues Away", 1060, there are two photos of Fuller printed playing guitar which make him appear to be a lefty, which was not the case, I think.
All best,
Johnm
P.S. If he was a lefty, then the old Blues Classic LP of Fuller with Sonny Terry and Bull City Red shows him to be right-handed, and it is the same photo as one of those on the Yazoo release.  They can't both be right, unless he was ambidextrous!

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 03:43:35 AM »
Hi John,
thanks for the hint - I meanwhile had a look at my own copy of Yazoo 1060 and it turned out that I must have a newer version (with a label as shown at the bottom) since the sleeve obviously was adjusted compared to yours: The photos are actually showing Fuller as 'right hand guitarist' !
Is there any way to get a scan of the 'false' cover from someone ? (I could do the mirroring myself with my image-processing software, but that would be cheating, wouldn't it? ;-)
Stefan

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 02:14:47 PM »
Interesting collection of  oddities, indeed. I get a kick out of seeing this stuff.

I never knew Albert King was a lefty. There's hope for me yet, John M!!! ;)
Miller
Do good, be nice, eat well, smile, treat the ladies well, and ignore all news reports--which  can't be believed anyway,

Buzz

Tags: discographies 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal