collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Ever since the world ended, I don't go out as much - Mose Allison, Ever Since the World Ended

Author Topic: Lemuel Turner  (Read 916 times)

Offline lowery66

Lemuel Turner
« on: August 14, 2012, 02:19:42 PM »
Hello everyone:
I was wondering if anyone here can shed more light for me on Lemuel Turner.  ANY light.  I am trying to learn more about him and am coming up short beyond the recording info found in Tony Russellʻs discography.  Are there any books or articles out there that include more information on him?
Thanks!!  This forum is awesome, by the way-- so much great information here!
John 

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Re: Lemuel Turner
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »
There was a very brief discussion here a few years ago which pretty much drew a blank:
http://michaelmesser.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talkingblues&action=display&thread=1152

Offline lowery66

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 11:18:18 PM »
Thanks for responding!  I had seen that thread, and was wondering if anything else had surfaced since then...

Online Lignite

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 05:16:01 PM »
I'm lucky enough to own both of his rare 78 releases. I think he was a white musician who had one killer blues tune that he pretty much recorded twice under different song titles. As I remember, the flip sides of both releases were very generic hawaiian type waltzes somewhat in the same vein as what Frank Ferera was doing 10 years earlier.

Tags: Lemuel Turner 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal