collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Hurt would introduce 'Coffee Blues' by declaring that his favorite coffee was Maxwell House because it was 'good till the last drop.' This is the kind of song that comes with a wink and a nudge. At the Gaslight, the mug Hurt would bring to the stage was not filled with coffee, but with a spot of whiskey. - John Milward, notes from Mississippi John Hurt, The Complete Studio Recordings

Author Topic: Mike Baytop has had a stroke  (Read 1706 times)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Mike Baytop has had a stroke
« on: February 11, 2009, 11:47:43 AM »
Some bad news about one of the nicest Port Townsend Workshop faculty members, and nicest people in general, I've had the pleasure of meeting.

Mike Baytop, Archie Edwards Foundation President, Is Recovering from Stroke

Michael "Mike" Baytop, esteemed founder and president of the Archie Edwards Blues Heritage Foundation, suffered a stroke on February 7. The stroke affected his speech and right side, and while he is already making some progress, he will require long-term therapy. Mike is currently at Ft. Washington Hospital in Maryland, and is expected to move to the National Rehabilitation Hospital at the Washington Hospital Center in DC soon.

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
Re: Mike Baytop has had a stroke
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 11:52:59 AM »
Horrible news.  Best wishes to Michael and all those around him.  He's been a very welcome presence at the EBA week the last couple of years. 

Offline Chezztone

• Hey!
    • Steve Cheseborough 1920s-30s-style blues
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »
Anyone have his address/phone # handy? Let's all send cards, letters, CDs, flowers etc. Thanks, SC

--
Steve Cheseborough
www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/videos/view/67-Steve-Cheseborough
www.stevecheseborough.com
http://cdbaby.com/all/chezztone
www.myspace.com/stevecheseborough

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:53:49 PM »
Anyone wanting to send a card can PM me. I have his address, but it's a home address and I'd rather not post on the forum, so will pass it along in a PM. Cards sent to his home will apparently be taken to the hospital.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal