collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
...I can think that, well... my voice will change, I'll be John Hurt on this song, I'll be Skip James on that one, I'll be Tommy McClennan on that one. How many voices you got? They're going one style, one kind of sound from their area, and singing in their voice - Jerry Ricks, Port Townsend 97

Author Topic: YouTube Videos to MP3 File Conversion  (Read 2224 times)

Offline SteveMcBill

• This too shall pass! So grab it while you can!
    • Steve Mc's Acoustic Guitar
YouTube Videos to MP3 File Conversion
« on: November 22, 2008, 03:22:19 AM »
There are a lot of decent to good country blues music videos on YouTube these days (as well as some rubbish of course). For those who would like to make MP3 sound files from YouTube videos to go onto their MP3 players there are many different solutions but one of the easiest is to paste the URL (web address) of the video into this website:

http://flv2mp3.com/

Where it will convert it for you.

Hope that helps someone.

Cheers and keep on pluckin'.

Steve    :)

Offline doctorpep

Re: YouTube Videos to MP3 File Conversion
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 06:33:16 AM »
I have just one stupid question: is this legal? At any rate, thank you for the information.
"There ain't no Heaven, ain't no burning Hell. Where I go when I die, can't nobody tell."

http://www.hardluckchild.blogspot.com/

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 07:05:13 AM »
Has anyone here figured out how to get YouTube video onto one's iPod? I've made some lame attempts and failed. The YouTube format (flv or whatever) needs to be converted to something else, I believe.

boots

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 07:24:26 AM »
I've not used it myself, but VLC will convert to several formats. Including H.264 although I don't know if this is the best.

http://www.videolan.org/

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 08:18:36 AM »
UB - I use Blaze Media Pro to convert you tube files for iPod. Seems to work fine...

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:09:45 PM »
Thanks fellas. I tried VLC but could not get it to do any conversions. It seems to want to stream. Blaze Media Pro looks good but is 50 bucks so I passed. I ended up having success with Format Factory, a freebie that is dead simple to use, converts multiple files at once, does many different file formats, not just video. So far, so good.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »
I added a tag 'software', suggest we tag all topics concerned with software so. Removed a few others that tended to clutter up the tags index a little bit.

See tag guidelines for, well, tag guidelines!  ;)

Offline arlotone

• arlotone.com
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 06:19:40 AM »
I have just one stupid question: is this legal? At any rate, thank you for the information.

If someone takes a recording they don't own the rights to, and publishes it on YouTube, then no, it's not legal, regardless of whether it is streamed as an FLV or downloaded as an MP3.

It's amazing the amount of stuff that's on there now, and it's equally amazing how little enforcement there is, but I wouldn't be surprised if this eventually changed. It reminds me of the rise and fall of Napster several years ago. As a songwriter, I would prefer that this be brought under control, although as a student and teacher of music it sure is convenient.

Tags: YouTube iPod software 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal