collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
After years of consideration I've come to the conclusion that, within limits, gear is more important as a topic of conversation than as a way of making music. It's just not that important - Chris Smither

Author Topic: Jug Band Hall of Fame  (Read 1287 times)

Offline arlotone

• arlotone.com
Jug Band Hall of Fame
« on: April 10, 2010, 09:25:21 PM »
Hi folks,

I haven't posted in a year! Moved across the country and then got out of the habit of visiting. Looks like some great posts to catch up on.

Anyway, I've just launched a new website in an attempt to create a "jug band hall of fame":

http://www.jughall.org

This was inspired by a comment at the last National Jug Band Jubilee in Louisville that we needed a hall of fame for jug band music. I figured a website would be a lot cheaper to build than a museum building, although that could still come later. :)

The ostensible goal is to rate jug band artists and "induct" a few every year, but the bigger goal is to gather up as much history as we can in one place. So, if you have something to add, please log in and contribute, wiki style. You can add new artists or add details to existing artists. We also have categories for patrons (supporters of jug band music) and institutions (venues, festivals, etc.).

Cheers,
-Arlo

Offline arlotone

• arlotone.com
Re: Jug Band Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:44:23 PM »
Just a follow-up on this project. The jug band hall of fame website has about 50 registered members now, although people are not posting as much info as I had hoped. Nevertheless, the steering committee for the project has decided to go ahead and make our first round of inductions at the end of this month, with an awards ceremony to follow at the National Jug Band Jubilee in September. We'll induct the top-three rated artists and the top-rated patron and institution.

So if you haven't tried the site yet, or haven't been there in a while, now's your chance to add info and cast your votes!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:45:36 PM by arlotone »

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal