collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If I had one biscuit, and you hadn't eaten nothin' in a month, I'd break it in two and eat both pieces - Yank Rachell to Howard Armstrong in Louie Bluie

Author Topic: Templeton Ragtime & Jazz Festival -- now with blues!  (Read 506 times)

Offline Chezztone

• Hey!
    • Steve Cheseborough 1920s-30s-style blues
Templeton Ragtime & Jazz Festival -- now with blues!
« on: January 18, 2018, 01:19:45 PM »
The annual Charles H. Templeton Ragtime and Jazz Festival, March 22-24 at Mississippi State University in Starkville, Miss., will include some blues this year for the first time!
It expanded its focus a few years ago from pure ragtime to include early jazz. I am pleased and honored to be invited to introduce early blues to the mix. I'll also lay some ragtime instrumentals on them and explain how The Art of Ragtime Guitar is what enabled me to figure out blues records!
This year's performers are Steve Cheseborough, Eddie Erickson, Ivory&Gold, Kris Tokarski, and the festival's artistic director, the awesome pianist Jeff Barnhart. The schedule includes seminars, silent films, a fashion show, parties etc. as well as concerts.
More info at library.msstate.edu/festival . Come on down if you're anywhere in the area or feel like taking a trip! Should be a lot of fun and good music. Ch.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal