collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I'm so poor I have to lean up against a fence to gargle - Big Bill Broonzy, Looking Up at Down

Author Topic: Furry Lewis "I will turn your money green"  (Read 2088 times)

Offline ryan

Furry Lewis "I will turn your money green"
« on: April 01, 2005, 10:43:27 PM »
John was teaching me "I will turn your money green"  by Furry Lewis today, and I am just loving this song!!  You know those songs that just seem to fit your natural Rhythm (this is rare for me as my rhythm isn't the greatest at this point in time lol).  It is in open G and aside from lapslide I am new to playing in this tuning on standard guitar.  What are some of your fav's in this tuning??
Take care,
Ryan

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Furry Lewis "I will turn your money green"
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 09:52:26 AM »
...and Ryan unwittingly invokes the Adventures in Spanish thread. http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=47&topic=166.0

Check it out, Ryan. Lots of great ideas in there. You're right, Turn Your Money Green is infectious to play (as is a lot of Furry, IMO).

Blues4u2go

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 02:29:42 PM »
Thanks for the Spanish Tuning thread link Bud.  Some great ideas there.   I have not taken my National out of open G for the past month.  I've been working on some great stuff from my last lesson:  'Drinking Water From A Hollow Log', 'Jinx Blues', 'Yo Yo Blues', and Paul Rishell's 'Louise' and 'You've Got It Made'.    An awesome lesson to say the least.  Up next from the same lesson are 'Jitterbug Swing' and two standard tuning tunes, 'Keep It Clean' and 'Depot Blues'. 

Now, if I only had a third guitar so that I could keep one in G, one in D, and one in Standard . . .

Enjoy,
Mike

Offline ryan

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 09:33:55 PM »
Thanks Uncle Bud for the link.  maybe at the workshop you can teach me a few of the tunes!!  Otherwise John is going to have a bible long list of tunes to teach me in the coming months. 
take care

Tags: Furry Lewis 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal