collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Music will take you through times with no money better than money will take you through times with no music - Warren Argo, urging the concert audience to buy the performers' CDs

Author Topic: Automating table formatting in a spreadsheet program  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Automating table formatting in a spreadsheet program
« on: December 07, 2007, 05:14:59 PM »
Here's a very short explanation with an example spreadsheet you can download  8) : Basically you use the Excel function CONCATENATE( ) to create your marked-up content in a spare column.

If you were to download the spreadsheet template attached below and copy and paste the marked-up column into a post you'd get this:

Disk & Track    Song    Position/Tuning    Pitch   
1.1    Dying Blues     C    X   
1.2    Ashley St Blues     C    X   
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 05:28:09 PM by Rivers »

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Automating table formatting in a spreadsheet program
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 08:27:27 AM »
Here's a very short explanation with an example spreadsheet you can download  8) : Basically you use the Excel function CONCATENATE( ) to create your marked-up content in a spare column.

If you were to download the spreadsheet template attached below and copy and paste the marked-up column into a post you'd get this:

Disk & Track    Song    Position/Tuning    Pitch   
1.1    Dying Blues     C    X   
1.2    Ashley St Blues     C    X   

So you are assuming I know how to do more in Excel than type in numbers and click autosum.  :D

I downloaded the file but don't know how I would apply it my file Blind Blake file for example. What do I enter or manipulate with the CONCATENATE function to create the marked up text? And how do I do it?

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Automating table formatting in a spreadsheet program
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 04:40:33 PM »
Here's the briefest I can get: send me the spreadsheet and when it returns all will be clear. Or not!  O0

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal