collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I'm an uncomfortable horrible terrible unconsolable unlucky man - Allen Brothers, Unlucky Man, 1931

Author Topic: trying to put together wonderful blues tune to make a good setlist  (Read 857 times)

Offline bluespreachercreighton

• Howdy!
hello everyone
I am looking for some advice, I have been playing shows for a year now, I do mostly Blues, and a little Banjo (uncle dave macon is my relative), and I am trying to put together a variety of pre-war blues tunes that would make a wonderful show?
what artists songs would you recommend I do?I play songs also I have written myself. I just want to make a good show that is filled with wonderful songs.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: trying to put together wonderful blues tune to make a good setlist
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 08:07:23 AM »
Hi Creighton,
I would recommend that you select the songs you most enjoy singing and playing yourself for your set list.  If you try to calculate in advance what an audience will respond to, you may just guess wrong or end up selecting material you don't really like because you think it appeals to the audience.  If you choose the material you like best, your liking for it will communicate to the audience.  If you can vary the tempos and keys that you play in, it will be a more dynamic show than if you do several consecutive songs in the same key and tempo.  Good luck with your performing.
All best,
Johnm

Offline bluespreachercreighton

• Howdy!
Re: trying to put together wonderful blues tune to make a good setlist
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 09:18:28 AM »
thank you john! I will do that!!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal