collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: TERRY ROBB HOUSE CONCERT AND WORKSHOP IN OAKLAND MARCH 31 AND APRIL 1  (Read 2446 times)

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
We have the good fortune of welcoming Terry Robb back into our home in Oakland for another house concert. I'm excited because we were able to schedule on a Friday night, March 31st and we should get a good turnout. Terry really tore up the place last time, dipping deeper into his prewar blues repertoire than he had in a while, so those who caught the show really enjoyed it. If you don't know Terry's music, check out his website at http://www.terryrobb.com/ to get an idea of what an honor it is to have him perform in our home. He has been a top performer for decades, having worked with John Fahey in the '80s, and has won the Cascade Blues Association?s prestigious ?Muddy Award? a record sixteen times. The breadth of his repertoire is amazing.

The concert will start at 7:30 on Friday, March 31st. I'll play a warm up set and Terry will follow with two sets. We'll probably play a few numbers together in between, as we did last time. Be prepared for a long exciting show. The donation will be $15, all of which goes to Terry. Email me with "House Concert" as the subject for reservations (click on my name in the header of this post to get my email, don't PM). Please include your phone number. If I'm not familiar with you I will call to confirm. I will email directions also. It would be a good idea to make your reservation soon, we can probably only accommodate about 25.

For those who are interested, Terry will also present a two hour guitar workshop at my home the next day, Saturday, April 1st at noon, provided we get enough interest. I have asked him to demonstrate a variety of right hand techniques, so there should be something for all levels of players. Terry will also teach one piece using some of these techniques, maybe from his delta repertoire, or whatever those attending are interested in (likely something we heard him play the night before).  The donation for the workshop is $40. Email me with "Workshop" as the subject for reservations (click on my name in the header of this post to get my email, don't PM). Please include your phone number. If I'm not familiar with you I will call to confirm. I will email directions also. This is a great opportunity to get some quality instruction from a great player and teacher. Terry has his own Terry Robb Northwest School of Acoustic Guitar in Portland. Remember to bring a recording device.

Hope to see lots of you Bay area Weenie's there, and meet some new folks, too.

All for now.
John C.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 09:59:53 PM by waxwing »
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Re: TERRY ROBB HOUSE CONCERT AND WORKSHOP IN OAKLAND MARCH 31 AND APRIL 1
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 10:01:36 PM »
Dang, due to a miscommunication between us, I found out this evening that Miller will be out of town that weekend, so I deleted the statement that he would play a few tunes with me. Should be a good show anyway.

All for now.
John C.
George Bernard Shaw

Joseph Heller, Catch-22

CD on YT

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 06:42:20 AM »
Miller, yer fired! ;)

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 09:10:16 AM »
BJ:

Very best of luck. There's an off chance that I'll be able to make it.

Alex

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:17:06 AM »
A stand-in for Mississippi blues!

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 11:16:54 AM »
Now, hold on a minute, fellers... :P   I can explain everything...............................

Alex, that would be too cool if you backed up Cowan on Mississippi Blues at the house concert!

Aloha...oh! look a naked Hawaiian babe!..... :P  No, Claudia, I wasn't looking at her, no way, unh unh, is you is or is you ain't my baby?.....

Buzz ;)
Do good, be nice, eat well, smile, treat the ladies well, and ignore all news reports--which  can't be believed anyway,

Buzz

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 12:38:39 PM »
BTW, Happy Brithday Miller! --- and glad to see that at your age -- your eyes still work.

:D

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 09:27:24 AM »
Hey, still lots of room left for the House Concert. Haven't had any Weenies sign up that I know of??? Looks like the workshop is a wash as I have had no interest so far. Come on, some of you bay area folks, get out and hear some great music and support a fine acoustic blues artist.

All for now.
John C.
George Bernard Shaw

Joseph Heller, Catch-22

CD on YT

Offline thumbstyle

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 08:58:32 PM »
Hi John,

I'm afraid I'll have to miss another one at your place. Already have plans to go to a wedding that evening.

Good luck, and play strong!

Dave

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal