collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Oh the blues ain't nothin' but a slow achin' heart disease. Just like consumption, it kills you by degrees - Georgia White, Blues Ain't Nothin'

Author Topic: Automating table formatting in a spreadsheet program  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Automating table formatting in a spreadsheet program
« on: December 07, 2007, 05:14:59 PM »
Here's a very short explanation with an example spreadsheet you can download  8) : Basically you use the Excel function CONCATENATE( ) to create your marked-up content in a spare column.

If you were to download the spreadsheet template attached below and copy and paste the marked-up column into a post you'd get this:

Disk & Track    Song    Position/Tuning    Pitch   
1.1    Dying Blues     C    X   
1.2    Ashley St Blues     C    X   
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 05:28:09 PM by Rivers »

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Automating table formatting in a spreadsheet program
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 08:27:27 AM »
Here's a very short explanation with an example spreadsheet you can download  8) : Basically you use the Excel function CONCATENATE( ) to create your marked-up content in a spare column.

If you were to download the spreadsheet template attached below and copy and paste the marked-up column into a post you'd get this:

Disk & Track    Song    Position/Tuning    Pitch   
1.1    Dying Blues     C    X   
1.2    Ashley St Blues     C    X   

So you are assuming I know how to do more in Excel than type in numbers and click autosum.  :D

I downloaded the file but don't know how I would apply it my file Blind Blake file for example. What do I enter or manipulate with the CONCATENATE function to create the marked up text? And how do I do it?

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Automating table formatting in a spreadsheet program
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 04:40:33 PM »
Here's the briefest I can get: send me the spreadsheet and when it returns all will be clear. Or not!  O0

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal