collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
This is an unlucky country, and that's what I've always heard. You'll be looking for me tomorrow, and I'll be disappeared. - Papa Eggshell, "Far From Home"

Author Topic: Frank Hutchison discographical question  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Gumbo

• So Papa climbed up on top of the house
Re: Frank Hutchison discographical question
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:30 AM »
this is exciting!

Offline alyoung

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 04:40:53 AM »
Ok, just started copying the discs. Recording date confirmed as 4/12/1940. Working on the tracklist. On a sidenote, the family history did get garbled a bit. Seems great Grandad was a neighbor to the Benfields growing up, and learned a great deal from them. Apologies to alyoung. Never knew that mis-remembered info could cause so much uncomfortableness.

Well.... I didn't think I was *that* uncomfortable, but it is a bit awkward when you're challenging someone's information, especially when the challenge is fairly much saying "bill shut!" (or something like that; I may have the vowels wrong) But wrong information can't be allowed to stand, and at least my query got the matter sorted.  Thanks for that. (BTW, although I play a fair bit of diatonic harp today, I started from those old Folkways recordings and that hard-edged driving style of the Benfields et al remains a favorite.) 

Offline frailer24

• Good Mornin', Judge
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 01:45:52 PM »
No trouble there, Al. I'm glad I got the info correct at last, since in the back of my mind, 1+1 did not add up right to me. I have to get another harp next year, not easy when you haven't played one in 5 years.
That's all she wrote Mabel!

Tags: Frank Hutchison 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal