collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If the blues was whiskey, and trouble was a bottle of gin. I'd buy me a 38 special and that's where trouble would begin - Roosevelt Sykes, Trouble and Whiskey Blues

Author Topic: John Miller's DVDs  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Bluesymel

• Love the Blues!
John Miller's DVDs
« on: December 06, 2006, 11:37:50 AM »
Yesterday I ordered some stuff on the Grossman site and only today realized that John Miller is the same John Miller on this site. Anyway I am real excited as I ordered the Bo Carter, Furry lewis and MJH Vol2. Anyone have any experience with these 3 DVD instructionals?

Mel
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:53:12 PM by Johnm »

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
Re: John Miller's DVD's
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:07:56 PM »
Hey, Mel:

I have the JM Bo Carter one (on VHS) and I really like it. Some of the tunes taught are eclectic, but the instruction is great. Your in for a treat.

Alex

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:00:40 PM »
I ordered the Bo Carter, Furry lewis and MJH Vol2

Got 'em all -- they are excellent.

Yves

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 10:25:44 PM »
John Miller is not only a "video maker". I bought all of the videos and particularly appreciated his Bo Carter and expect John to do a "which position by ear" teaching.

These videos are a very little part of the material John can teach at workshops. It's a must to go where he is teaching

John is the best teacher I ever had for all this old blues we (weenies) like. (clear, simple, patient, available...)

See you soon John... at the EBA 2007 ?

Yves "the froggy"

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 11:07:09 PM »
Thanks for the good words, guys.  I hope I am able to make it back to the EBA Summer 2007 session, Yves.  I missed being there this past Summer and seeing friends.  I always enjoy going to England, too.
All best,
Johnm

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal