collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I ain't no bottle stopper, ain't no police copper, I ain't no cradle rocker, you know I ain't the baby's papa - Funny Papa Smith, Hoppin' Toad Frog

Author Topic: YouTube.com - Interesting Country Blues related video clips  (Read 254692 times)

Offline Bunker Hill

Re: YouTube.com - Interesting Country Blues related video clips
« Reply #1425 on: December 26, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »
For what it's worth Weenie Campbell is just full of material/reminiscences etc about the AFBF tours and related "stuff" - some of it put there by Bunker Hill back in the mists of Weenie time.  :o

Offline JRO

« Reply #1426 on: January 03, 2017, 02:12:48 AM »
Professor Longhair toured Europe in 1975. Here is Finnish Broacasting Companys Iltat?hti (Nightstar) program which includes five songs and interview of Fess. Clips from Professor Longhair gig in Tavastia club Finland 1975. Meet me tomorrow night in the beginning, Jambalaya 36,46 min, Intrview 42,00 min, Ballhead 46,30 min, No buts, no maybes 48,53 min, Going home 51,12 min. Other stuff in programm was mostly list pop at the time in Finland. Enjoy.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #1427 on: January 03, 2017, 11:22:09 PM »
Professor Longhair toured Europe in 1975. Here is Finnish Broacasting Companys Iltat?hti (Nightstar) program which includes five songs and interview of Fess. Clips from Professor Longhair gig in Tavastia club Finland 1975. Meet me tomorrow night in the beginning, Jambalaya 36,46 min, Intrview 42,00 min, Ballhead 46,30 min, No buts, no maybes 48,53 min, Going home 51,12 min. Other stuff in programm was mostly list pop at the time in Finland. Enjoy.
Three years later Fess had to put up with this in the UK. Shameful.

http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=4245.msg29820

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #1428 on: January 10, 2017, 11:12:37 AM »
Hi all

Here's Frank Edwards with "Put Your Arms Around Me" (apparently not "her" as in the video title),  recorded in December 8, 1972 in Conyers, GA by Pete Lowry;
Frank Edwards; voc, g, hca; 'Popcorn', washboard;
prod. by Frank Edwards & Pete Lowry
Trix LP/CD 3303

https://www.wirz.de/music/edwffrm.htm

Cheers,

Pan

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #1429 on: January 10, 2017, 05:29:02 PM »
Hi all

Here's Howling Wolf covering Charlie Patton!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5jRp8El-4A&feature=youtu.be

Cheers

Pan

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #1430 on: January 10, 2017, 07:48:42 PM »
Looks Like "The Howlin' Wolf Story" is available here:

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #1431 on: January 12, 2017, 07:49:22 PM »
From Lightnin' Hopkins, for the over-caffeinated generation. If this one has been posted before, please let me know.

Lindy

Offline oddenda

« Reply #1432 on: January 12, 2017, 09:00:29 PM »
Pan -

That brings back memories. I picked up Popcorn Clover at his home in Sandersville, GA. He stayed with Roy Dunn (who had recommended him) until the recordings the next day in Conyers, GA. Unfortunately, Roy and "Pop" stayed up all night "catching up" with each other, not having een the other for quite some time. I had recorded some of "Pop" by himself the day before; here with Frank he was bushed and even fell asleep atone point while playing! Still, it was a nice sesion and Frank was an unique musician. Thanks to Tim Duffy and the MMRF for helping him in his latter days.

Peter B.

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #1433 on: January 14, 2017, 10:45:05 AM »
Another Paul Geremia vid, can never have too many of these.

It's a full hour performance (do yourself a favor and skip over the first 3 minutes). The camera angle lets you see everything he's doing if you want to steal a lick or two.

Lindy

Offline eric

« Reply #1434 on: January 20, 2017, 04:30:45 PM »
--
Eric

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #1435 on: January 28, 2017, 09:37:48 AM »
"Samson" from 1962. Great twelve-string work! Fred Gerlach is mentioned in a couple of other threads in this forum, but to my knowledge, no one has posted this song.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:49:24 AM by lindy »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #1436 on: January 28, 2017, 09:52:30 AM »
Thanks for posting that, Lindy.  That is really a good album, and Fred Gerlach also does ripping versions of "Gallis Pole", "DeKalb Blues", "Ham And Eggs" and many others on there.  It is worth checking out, and could be ordered from Simthsonian-Folkways, I'm pretty sure, in a custom CD format.
All best,
Johnm

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #1437 on: January 31, 2017, 09:23:41 AM »
This was posted on the Facebook "Rarest 78s" forum yesterday -- it's an alternate take of Big Bill and Frank Brasswell playing "I Can't Be Satisfied," a great number and recently featured as one of John's puzzlers. This is NOT the version on John Tefteller's blues calendar from this year, this is an alternate of the version we're all familiar with.

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #1438 on: February 04, 2017, 05:20:00 PM »
I tried to find YouTube vids that actually show Larry Johnson performing. There are some others with various playing partners, I'll let you explore them.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #1439 on: February 09, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »
Hi all,
I just found this cut, "Atlanta Town", with Chasey Collins playing washboard and singing, Dad Tracy playing fiddle and Big Joe Williams playing guitar--must have been from the same session that yielded "Wild Cow Blues".  Here you go:

All best,
Johnm

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal