collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If you want to master somebody, you know, lock in on the one that has the most CDs. Because that'll give you the most material. And bury yourself in it. But don't expect to play with anybody who wants to hear you play Blind Blake, 500 tunes. I don't even wanna listen to a whole Blind Blake tape half the time... - Jerry Ricks, Port Townsend 97

Author Topic: New cd featuring lots of blues mandolin - Bert Deivert  (Read 1365 times)

Offline MuddyBuddy

• Bert Deivert - blues mandolin
    • Bert Deivert - blues mandolin
New cd featuring lots of blues mandolin - Bert Deivert
« on: July 24, 2007, 07:46:17 AM »
HI Folks, I have just released my 9th album, TAKIN' SAM'S ADVICE, featuring lots of blues mandolin and appearances by topflight musicians from Sweden and the US. Two of the US guests are Brian Kramer and Peter Case. Blues mandolin is a neglected instrument in acoustic blues and very few artists release albums featuring mandolin. So have a listen if you are into this genre! I used to play with Peter in the streets of San Francisco in 1973-74 and we did Sleepy John and Yank's Broke and Hungry, so we recorded it as a jook joint track for this cd. Lots of fun.

More info and clips about the cd at: http://www.deivert.com/bluescd.html

thanks for the little chance to plug this labor of love. The album is completely acoustic and features lots of nice vintage instruments!

cheers
BERT in Sweden

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal