collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I ask that pawn shop man, "What's them three balls doin' hangin' on that wall?" (He) said, "It's two to one daddy, you don't get your things back out of here at all" - Blind Boy Fuller, Three Ball Blues

Linked Events

• Weenie Campbell 2004 Pre-Soak: July 30, 2004
  • Weenie Campbell 2004 Pre-Soak: July 31, 2004
  • Weenie Campbell 2004 Pre-Soak: August 01, 2004

Author Topic: 2004 Pre-Soak- Year of the Unknown  (Read 11448 times)

Offline jed

2004 Pre-Soak- Year of the Unknown
« on: September 07, 2003, 09:35:15 PM »
With luck (and probably some last-minute flurries of calls and email), Pre-Soak will again begin on Friday, with associated space on the Row.  Otherwise, we'll get space elsewhere!

=================

POSTED HERE FOR CONVENIENCE:

Does anyone need driving directions to the Fort?  Centrum has them posted on their site:

http://www.centrum.org/about/directions.html

Cheers,
                 Jed
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 09:44:29 PM by jed »
ok then:  http://jed.net

Offline Sudsbury

• Actually, I'm a Kiwi.
Re:2004 Pre-Soak- Year of the Unknown
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 02:28:42 PM »
Jed,
Count me in for pre-soak.  Will once again see if I can hook up with FP and get down there Friday night (presuming there's enough time between now and then for FP lto earn how to follow directions ;)
Sudbury
Sudbury

Offline jed

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 10:30:23 PM »
Sudbury,

Great!  It will likely be many months before I can confirm Friday space - if at all this time - but things have worked out in the past, so there's every reason to Go With Weenie in the Year of the Unknown...

Cheers,
Jed

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 08:17:58 AM »
Jed:
You know I'll be there, regardless where we end up. I need that weekend to wind down and get into the PT 'space'. And yes Mr. Sudbury, we'll do the planes-autos-boats thing again.
FrontPage
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline Sudsbury

• Actually, I'm a Kiwi.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 09:37:52 AM »
OK ;D - I'm going to go ahead and see if I can book the one seat they seem to reserve for points travel from TO to Vanc.  How's that for planning my life way ahead?  (hmmmm, sounds like hubris - think I'd better go placate the gods by sprinkling some tequila around my guitar.  Then again, maybe I'll sprinkle some tequila around me)
Sudbury.
Sudbury

Offline swampman

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Re: 2004 Pre-Soak- Year of the Unknown
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 09:49:38 AM »
With luck (and probably some last-minute flurries of calls and email), Pre-Soak will again begin on Friday, with associated space on the Row.  Otherwise, we'll get space elsewhere!

Jed,

Have you included me for Weener Hausen.  I plan to arrive on Monday and leave on Sunday with the rest of the gang

Swampman

Offline jed

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 09:03:40 PM »
Swamp,

Yep.  Details should be finalized in the next week; will let you know.

Chrs,
Jed

Offline Sudsbury

• Actually, I'm a Kiwi.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 10:24:49 AM »
Jed,
Not sure I ever confirmed my pre-soak status ???  Just in case: will arrive with FrontPage (if he can find the way) late on Friday July 30, departing sometime Sunday Aug.8, once all the Hornitos is dealt with. :P
Sudbury
Sudbury

Offline jed

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 10:50:56 AM »
Sud,

I did get your message awhile back.  Do you plan to get to PT Friday night?  If so, I'll keep the space - and we'll have some corn-based potables for your arrival.

Chrs,
Jed

Offline Sudsbury

• Actually, I'm a Kiwi.
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 11:06:55 AM »
Jed,
Yep - Friday night it is!
Sudbury
Sudbury

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2004, 05:57:33 PM »
Anyone driving up from SeaTac on Fri, on Sat, on Sun ?  I would like to fly up to SeaTac, and attend some of pre-soak. Could possibly stay one nite, like Fri or so, with friends on Bainbridge Island, drive up the next morning. Cost way too much for my own rental car for the week last year. I could split a car with one or more, but not at last year's exorbitant rates. Could pass on the friends overnite, and drive from SeaTac with 1 or more Weenies. Slack? , Jed? what are you guys doing? Jed , will you drive up? Want to pass through Berserkeley? Let's hear some chatter out there... :P
Miller
Do good, be nice, eat well, smile, treat the ladies well, and ignore all news reports--which  can't be believed anyway,

Buzz

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2004, 07:09:39 PM »
Hey Miller,

I'm hitching a ride in with Deacon (which I did last year too).  I'm either flying in to Portland on Friday evening (a gracious invitation), spending the night and then leaving for PT with the Deacon Saturday morning or flying into SeaTac Saturday (earliest arrival, 1pm).  I'm leaning toward Portland, mainly to check out the supply of pickled beets and other un-etable Norwegian food stocks.  :P

I'm with you on the car rentals out of SeaTac - chipping in for the 'rent-a-wreck' cured me, I try to avoid them completely by hitching a ride in and taking the blues bus out.

cheers,
slack

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2004, 07:15:09 PM »
Miller,

Jed and I are driving from SeaTac on Friday. Best to email Jed or myself.

uncle bud

Offline jed

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2004, 09:17:27 PM »
...Island, drive up the next morning. Cost way too much for my own rental car for the week last year. I could split a car with one or more, but not at last year's exorbitant rates. Could pass on
I have a vague but positive recollection of my rent-a-wreck thing last year - except for Sunday, when I was waiting outside their closed office and the cab to airport was very late.  Perhaps because it's already fuzzy, I'd do it again.  Unless...

guys doing? Jed , will you drive up? Want to pass through Berserkeley? Let's hear some chatter out there... :P

Now That You Mention It Department: my current plans are to drive from SeaTac, but you just reminded me that they may change.  I just might have the time (and the vertebrae) to drive up by the time PTCBW rolls around.  May not know for another month or so.

But as things stand today:  if you fly up Friday, Andrew and I could certainly shuttle you in.  We'll see what's up as it gets closer.

Cheers,
Jed

Miblues

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2004, 08:57:18 PM »
Hey all

I'll be arriving in Seattle on Saturday.  If anyone has space, I'd appreciate a ride up to PT.  Happy to chip in for fuel, pretzels, poke rinds or whatever.

Alternatively, would consider sharing the cost of a rental although that's not my preferred option as it seems like a waste of good moola.

Thanks
Michael from Middle Earth

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal