collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Now some people don't understand. They think a blues player has to be worried, troubled to sing the blues. That's wrong. I'll put it this way; there's a doctor, he has medicine. He's never, sick, he ain't sick, but he has stuff for the sick people. So the blues player, he ain't worried and bothered, but he's got something for the worried people. Doctor . . . you can see his medicine, you can see his patient. Blues . . . you can't see the music you can't see the patient because it's soul. So I works on the soul, and the doctor works on the body - Roosevelt Sykes, spoken on Smithsonian/Folkways Classic Blues anthology

Author Topic: Crow Quill Night Owls - Seattle - Feb 11th  (Read 1086 times)

Offline nobocaster

• Hot Dog!
Crow Quill Night Owls - Seattle - Feb 11th
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:32:44 PM »
The Crow Quill Night Owls ! 

We're playing Friday, Feb 11th at The Owl and Thistle, Downtown Seattle.  Probably a $3 cover or so.  9:30 pm

We're a stringband featuring guitar, tenor banjo, mandolin, tub bass, and washboard.  We play old blues, jug band music, rags, and stripped down early jazz songs..  stuff like that.

also Feb 10th at the Undertown Cafe in Port Townsend.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Crow Quill Night Owls - Seattle - Feb 11th
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 07:39:16 PM »
The Crow Quill Night Owls ! 

We're playing Friday, Feb 11th at The Owl and Thistle, Downtown Seattle.  Probably a $3 cover or so.  9:30 pm

Welcome, Devin!

FYI: http://www.owlnthistle.com/index.html

Offline modgar

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 02:49:12 AM »
I saw some of the Crow Quill Night Owls perform in 2009, when they toured with Maria Muldaur.  It was a great show.  If you have the opportunity, you should see them perform.
Gary

Offline nobocaster

• Hot Dog!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 02:02:16 PM »
  Here's a couple videos.. 

This is at the Owl n Thistle just a few weeks back.  That used car salesman looking guy playing the tub bass is me.  Alex is playing her jazzophone. (it's a kazoo crammed in the end of a victrola horn.)  Stymee on the guitar.  Hans scratchin the fiddle, and Jack on the washboard.

And this is from Folklife in Seattle a year and a half ago..   One of our funnest times we had at the end of a long tour!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal