collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The music industry is not all Grammy smiles and glitter; its closet is a veritable graveyard of skeletons, and when record companies point their collective finger at dot.coms like Napster and yell "Foul!" a hollow ring is heard by the thousands of artists who for decades have been unscrupulously short-changed by some of these very same finger-pointers - Chris Albertson, author's note in Bessie, 2nd ed.

Author Topic: Ramblin' Thomas Lyrics  (Read 10453 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Ramblin' Thomas Lyrics
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2020, 01:00:26 PM »
Hi all,
I was able to find performance links for all of Ramblin' Thomas's songs in this thread.  Enjoy!
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 01:20:15 PM by Johnm »

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2020, 09:54:05 AM »
Hi Johnm,

This is great that you are adding all these YT vids for the many lyric threads.

I think the example of So Lonesome, the first song transcribed, is a really clean version and possibly the original transcription was done with the less clean version I am used to. Listening to this one I think the last line of the 3rd verse is:

Said "stay home, brother, please don't stray away"

I also think you should relisten to the various places you have transcribed "Lord" as only the one at the beginning of the second verse seems like a possibility to me and the others seem more like "man" or "and" or just "aaah".

Wax
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:13:41 AM by Johnm »
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2020, 11:18:56 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Wax, I will re-listen as you suggest. 

I'm glad you like the idea of adding performance links to the lyric threads.  I've realized for some time that the threads are of considerably less interest and value without the performance links in there.  Just reading the lyrics without being able to hear them sung is a very distant second best to being able to read and hear them sung together in real time.  I'm trying to add performance links to all of the threads I can find them for, not just the multiple page threads of better-known artists.  There is so much more up on youtube than there was when this site started that I've been able to find some really obscure stuff that I'm sure would not have been available on youtube when many of the threads were originally posted.
All best,
Johnm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal