collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Now some people don't understand. They think a blues player has to be worried, troubled to sing the blues. That's wrong. I'll put it this way; there's a doctor, he has medicine. He's never, sick, he ain't sick, but he has stuff for the sick people. So the blues player, he ain't worried and bothered, but he's got something for the worried people. Doctor . . . you can see his medicine, you can see his patient. Blues . . . you can't see the music you can't see the patient because it's soul. So I works on the soul, and the doctor works on the body - Roosevelt Sykes, spoken on Smithsonian/Folkways Classic Blues anthology

Author Topic: Son House on radio 1965  (Read 1936 times)

Offline alyoung

Son House on radio 1965
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:30:28 AM »
From another list... at http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=1709, one can download interviews and songs from Son House recorded during Studs Terkel?s Weekly Almanac program live at the WFMT Studios, Chicago, Il; Recorded April 19, 1965.  (To download them, right-click on each track, click ?Save link as? and save in the folder of your choice.)

I've just done it and it works. The tracks are fairly good quality MP3s (224kbs). Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but there don't appear to be any great surprises in the songs, apart from a fragment called "Song sermon" which is a piece of the Baptist lining hymn "A Charge to Keep I Have".
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:58:46 AM by alyoung »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal