collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
You get that right tickin' rhythm, man, and its ON! - Fats Waller

Author Topic: Mississippi John Hurt discography online  (Read 7685 times)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Mississippi John Hurt discography online
« on: August 31, 2003, 11:07:37 AM »
I've been on a John Hurt kick the past few days, plowing through my collection, which seems pretty comprehensive. The one I know I'm missing is Avalon Blues 1963 (the Piedmont Sessions). I also don't have the Blues Vault double CD Memorial Anthology. Anybody familiar with this one? Is it different recording sessions or is it taken from the existing sessions we get on Columbia, Vanguard and Rounder etc? I also have the Oberlin College concert, so I don't know if there is much else out there I'm missing. Amazon.ca list a Library of Congress Sessions. I didn't know there were LofC John Hurt recordings. No new material there, but when was it recorded?

Any other suggestions for completing a John Hurt collection welcome.

[edited to add Vanguard to the list of usual suspects]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2003, 12:06:36 PM by uncle bud »

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
Re: Mississippi John Hurt discography online
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2003, 11:52:21 AM »

Uncle Bud:

I can't help you with the MJH questions you asked, but I have a question for you: sometime in the past I heard a recording of John Hurt doing a very toned down version of "Frankie," about half the speed of the first version he recorded.  Which collection of his songs does that appear on?

Also, since none of you have a sufficient number of CDs in your houses, I suggest you take a look at the Hightone Records site this weekend--they have a pretty good sale of a lot of their blues catalog--$4.99 to $10.99--including a couple of Big Joe Williams titles, some anthologies with Robert Curtis Smith cuts, and the Blind Connie Williams Testament CD.  

Lindy

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 12:34:05 PM »
Lindy,

There is a version of Frankie (slower but not that slow) on the 1965 Oberlin College recording, which I have on the Magnum CD, Mississippi John Hurt In Concert, which I think was also available in a Vanguard incarnation. Though be careful. There are various versions of this concert around with different track orders and content. Some don't have Frankie I think. It's sometimes referred to as Columbia River Live as well I believe. I don't know if one version has better sound than another, but the Magnum issue certain has some bass distortion, like it was a crappy transfer or something. That said, eminently listenable.

There is also a version of Frankie listed on the Memorial Anthology, which I don't have.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2003, 12:36:21 PM by uncle bud »

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2003, 01:27:10 PM »
Uh, and I stupidly overlooked the version on "Legend", from Rounder. This is the one you want, I'd guess, Lindy.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2003, 05:08:32 PM »
Hi Andrew,
Do you have the various recordings of John Hurt made at the Newport Folk Festivals?  I don't know enough about Vanguard's re-issue policy to know if they are on the big recent John Hurt on Vanguard set, but I do know they have also done a big recent re-issue set of recordings live from Newport over the years.  I've seen it, but have not looked at it closely.  In addition to John Hurt, it should include Rev. Wilkins, Skip James, Libba Cotten, Willie Doss and some others.
All Best,
John

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2003, 11:32:40 AM »
Uh, and I stupidly overlooked the version on "Legend", from Rounder. This is the one you want, I'd guess, Lindy.

I went to a big chain store yesterday and sampled the Legend and Library of Congress recordings . . . the man was so at ease in both situations that it's hard to tell the difference between him being in a studio and just playing late at night with some friends . . . both have more relaxed versions of Frankie, I'll probably go with the LOC recordings, a much longer set list.  I was kind of surprised to find 2 MJH collections that were packaged, produced, and distributed by Eastern European companies that I've never heard of before, perhaps the result of lax copyright rules or enforcement . . .

Also found this website of the Japanese company that is buying some of the old Blue Goose catalog and re-releasing it:  
http://www.airmailrecordings.com/index2.html.  I sent them an email and they told me that they have no plans to find an American distributor, so you gotta pay a minimum of $25/CD with postage and handling thrown in.  Ouch.  Hope they make enough to re-release some of the more obscure stuff.

Lindy

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2003, 04:45:51 PM »
Hi Andrew,
Do you have the various recordings of John Hurt made at the Newport Folk Festivals?  I don't know enough about Vanguard's re-issue policy to know if they are on the big recent John Hurt on Vanguard set, but I do know they have also done a big recent re-issue set of recordings live from Newport over the years.  I've seen it, but have not looked at it closely.  In addition to John Hurt, it should include Rev. Wilkins, Skip James, Libba Cotten, Willie Doss and some others.
All Best,
John

Thanks John. That's a good idea. There seems to be a 3 CD Newport set with some of the material you mention, in addition to some single CDs.

Andrew

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2003, 02:16:13 PM »
Uncle Bud,

I have the Genes CD double John Hurt anthology. Like all MJH's recordings it's very worthwhile. I can confirm it's not a dupe of the Oberlin College stuff on the Vanguard, which was one of the first country blues records I ever owned btw.

The set on Anthology was recorded by Gene Rosenthal at the Ontario Place coffeehouse in Washington DC. Sound quality is good to excellent.

The sleeve notes are good. On disk 2 there's a 20 minute interview with John in the dressing room with Pete Seeger for SingOut! magazine. It's interesting, at least the first couple of times. The culture clash in evidence is quite funny; John was so down to earth, and Pete is every inch the white liberal musicologist, asking some very silly questions among the good ones. Definitely worth having.

Rivers.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2003, 09:29:41 PM »
Rivers,

I've just picked this one up upon finding a small goldmine of used CDs at one of my usual used joints. The selection in the used blues section was such that my first thought was a true country blues fiend has died. My 2nd thought was a country blues fiend has been robbed (but this place is quite respectable, one of the premier used and indie CD places in Montreal, and I believe they're required to register "pawn" transactions--including registering ID--over a certain minimal number of CDs in Montreal). There was some fairly obscure shit and I confess to buying more than 10. More than 15. It would have been more than 30 if I hadn't owned so much of it already. More about these purchases later, including some good stuff from the Prestige/Bluesville catalog now on Fantasy, and some obscure postwar country blues stuff.

Anyway, the John Hurt Memorial Anthology was among the finds. I haven't listened to it yet but am a proud owner. Glad to hear it doesn't duplicate other stuff.  Pete S.: :)
Uncle Bud

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 02:12:22 PM »

Offline Bluesygirl

• I've Fallen And I Can't Reach My Guitar
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 03:47:32 PM »
Very cool!  A little description/review included with each recording might be nice. Bg

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 05:35:18 PM »
An amazing job as usual, Stefan.  If anything could be added, the most helpful thing might be some kind of ur-session listing, so that it could be determined which CDs duplicate each other.  In some instances it is easy to tell, in others it's kind of tough.  I don't imagine you need anyone else to come up with more work for you to do, though!
All best,
Johnm

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 08:19:29 PM »
Yes, tremendous work Stefan!

Offline outfidel

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 07:11:24 PM »
Two songs on Stefan's discography were new to me:

• "Bye And Bye I Will See Jesus"
  • "I Hate To See That Evening Sun Go Down"

I've tracked "Bye and Bye" down on a Vanguard compilation called Early Soul Gospel.

However, I've never heard "I Hate To See That Evening Sun Go Down" -- does anyone know where I can get hold of Country Blues Live (Document DLP 525)?
Support musicians in need - join the Music Maker Relief Foundation

Offline JRO

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »
I wonder if there is Mississippi John Hurt session discography somewhere? Stefans discography is great and wery useful, but it's kind hard for me to find when are each John's version recorded. So I'm looking for simple recording discography in coronological order. Of course one can pick the details form Ratcliffes biography but if one is already existing in public the work has already been done.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 01:01:55 AM »
The early recordings are easy, http://weeniecampbell.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dixon,_Robert_M._W.,_Godrich,_John,_and_Rye,_Howard:_Blues_And_Gospel_Records_1890_-_1943,_Fourth_Edition

The revival era stuff, that would be a challenge, but well worth doing.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 01:06:14 AM »
The early recordings are easy, http://weeniecampbell.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dixon,_Robert_M._W.,_Godrich,_John,_and_Rye,_Howard:_Blues_And_Gospel_Records_1890_-_1943,_Fourth_Edition

The revival era stuff, that would be a challenge, but well worth doing.
No need to reinvent the wheel. If JRO sends me a PM with email address I can attach a PDF of the MJH postwar discography as it appears on pages 247-249 in the Blues Discography 1943-70.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 01:08:07 AM »
Excellent! Is it up to date though? I detect an MJH revival recordings sub-committee waiting in the wings.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:14:49 AM by Rivers »

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 01:17:27 AM »
Excellent!
Perhaps I should say that the BD only gives information of the first LP release not the umpteen and numerous reissues on LP or CD, thus:

V/h -1/g                Washington, DC, 2-4 April 1963
      Avalon blues   Piedmont PLP 13157
      Richland women blues   Piedmont PLP 13157
      Spike driver blues   Piedmont PLP 13157
      Salty dog   Piedmont PLP 13157
      Cow hooking blues   Piedmont PLP 13157
      Spanish fandang [inst]   Piedmont PLP 13157
      Casey Jones   Piedmont PLP 13157
      Louis Collins   Piedmont PLP 13157
      Candy man blues   Piedmont PLP 13157
      My Creole belle   Piedmont PLP 13157
      Liza Jane - God?s unchanging hand -1   Piedmont PLP 13157
      Joe Turner blues   Piedmont PLP 13157

Offline JRO

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 02:52:30 AM »
Thanks for the info. I send you a PM Bunker Hill.

There are the studio sessions of MJH and also live recordings. It would be nice to see them in cronological order because there are so many lp's and cd's avalable. It also would help to supplement one's collection.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 03:54:56 AM »
Rivers to answer your question as to whether or not The Blues Discography is up to date depends on what's been found and released since 2006 when it was published. I guess the answer to that will be found in the Ratcliffe tome.

Offline JRO

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 04:55:23 AM »
^ Thousand thanks Bunker Hill. At first look the info seems to be what I was looking for.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 05:29:53 AM »
^ Thousand thanks Bunker Hill. At first look the info seems to be what I was looking for.
We aim to please.....   ;)

Offline oddenda

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 07:01:57 PM »
There's always the Godrich/Dixon/Rye pre-war discography from Oxford University Press... they got EVERYbody in there!

pbl

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 12:28:34 AM »
There's always the Godrich/Dixon/Rye pre-war discography from Oxford University Press... they got EVERYbody in there!
Indeed Peter and its now a decade and a half since first published. A while back Howard Rye told me that five years ago a small reprint was undertaken but as far OUP were concerned that would be it.

The price sticker in mine is 75GBP and it has more than paid for itself without a doubt.  :)

Offline gfoyle01

• Howdy!
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »
I wonder if some one can help clear up some confusion that I have on Mississippi John Hurt's live concert recordings at Oberlin College.  There seems to be two separate concerts captured on various CD's under the April 15, 1965 date.  I have looked at Stefan Wirz's discography for Hurt and understand that the correct date for the concert is April 15, 1966.  However, there are two separate concerts specifying this date.  The Vanguard recordings (The Best Of Mississippi John Hurt Vanguard CD 19/20-2 & Mississippi John Hurt Live Vanguard SKU 79702) is a different concert than other concert recordings (Mississippi John Hurt In Concert Blue Moon CD 083, Mississippi John Hurt Live! Columbia River Entertainment Group/ Allegro 120007, and others.)  Note that even  the titles that these recordings have in common are not the same performances.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 10:00:24 PM »
In 2012 I put together a basic chronological MJH discography for another purpose which I still have. Do with it what you will - pretty damned useless in current form :(  Maybe John M has the stamina to under take such

MISSISSIPPI JOHN HURT
V/h -1/g
Washington, DC, 2-4 April 1963
Avalon blues Piedmont PLP 13157
Richland women blues Piedmont PLP 13157
Spike driver blues Piedmont PLP 13157
Salty dog Piedmont PLP 13157
Cow hooking blues Piedmont PLP 13157
Spanish fandang [inst] Piedmont PLP 13157
Casey Jones Piedmont PLP 13157
Louis Collins Piedmont PLP 13157
Candy man blues Piedmont PLP 13157
My Creole belle Piedmont PLP 13157
Liza Jane - God?s unchanging hand -1 Piedmont PLP 13157
Joe Turner blues Piedmont PLP 13157
Washington, DC, 15 July 1963
tk 2 Monday morning blues Flyright(E) FLY 553
Avalon blues Heritage(E) HT 301
Joe Turner Heritage(E) HT 301
Hop joint unissued
Good morning Miss Carrie Heritage(E) HT 301
Richlands women blues Heritage(E) HT 301
Nobody?s dirty business Flyright(E) FLY 553
Frankie (and Albert) Heritage(E) LP 301
Spanish fangdang [inst] Flyright(E) FLY 553
Talking Casey Jones Flyright(E) FLY 553
Pera Lee Flyright(E) FLY 553
tk 1 If you don?t want me Heritage(E) LP 301
tk 2 If you don?t want me Heritage(E) LP 301
Pay day Flyright(E) FLY 553
Got the blues that can?t be satisfied Flyright(E) FLY 553
Louis Collins Heritage(E) LP 301
Trouble I?ve had all my days Flyright(E) FLY 553
Stackolee [inc] Heritage(E) HT 301
See see rider Heritage(E) HT 320
Spike driver (John Henry) unissued
Pallet on the floor Heritage(E) HT 320
Rubber dolly Heritage(E) HT 301
Salty dog unissued
My Creole belle unissued
Let the mermaids flirt with me Flyright(E) FLY 553
Candy man Flyright(E) FLY 553
Coffee blues Heritage(E) HT 301
Hey baby right away Flyright(E) FLY 553
Slidin? Delta Heritage(E) HT 301
Casey Jones unissued
Stock time [inst] Flyright(E) FLY 553
Lazy blues unissued
Beulah land unissued
Oh Mary don?t you weep Heritage(E) HT 320
Glory glory hallelujah unissued
Keep on knocking Flyright(E) FLY 553,
Heritage HT 301
What a friend we have in Jesus Heritage(E) HT 320
Waiting for you (I forgive you before I go) Flyright(E) FLY 553
Washington, DC, 23 July 1963
Avalon Blues unissued
Stackolee Heritage(E) HT 320
Over in Glory land Heritage(E) HT 320
Walking the floor over you unissued
Camp meeting tonight on the unissued
old camp ground
Blessed be the name of the Lord unissued
When the roll is called up yonder unissued
Royal telephone unissued
Blind man sit in the way and cried unissued
Where shall I be Heritage(E) HT 320
Weeping and wailing Heritage(E) HT 320
Farther along Heritage(E) HT 320
Do Lord remember me Heritage(E) HT 320
Were you there when they unissued
crucified my Lord
Glory to his name unissued
I?ll fly away unissued
The ten virgins (When the unissued
bridegroom comes)
Pay day unissued
If you don?t want me unissued
Nobody cares for me unissued
Corrina, Corrina Heritage(E) HT 301
Funky butt Heritage(E) HT 301
Cow hooking blues unissued
I?m satisfied Heritage(E) HT 320
Ain?t nobody but you babe Heritage(E) HT 320
The first shot missed him unissued
Shortnin? bread Heritage(E) HT 320
Redwing unissued
Fill that sack unissued
Four o?clock blues unissued
See see rider unissued
I got mine unissued
Bill Bailey unissued
Good morning Miss Carrie unissued
Jim Canaan unissued
Alabama bound unissued
Looking this way unissued
God?s unchanging hand unissued
Poor boy a long way from home unissued
Frankie No. 2 unissued
Waiting for a train Heritage(E) HT 320
Liza Jane unissued
Salty dog No. 2 unissued
Chicken song unissued
Funky butt Heritage(E) HT 320
You are my sunshine unissued
God?s unchanging hand unissued
Will the circle be unbroken unissued
I ain?t gonna study war no more unissued
You got to get ready unissued
Newport Folk Festival, RI, 25 July 1963
Candy man Van VRS 9145/VSD 79145
Trouble, I?ve had it all my days Van VRS 9145/VSD 79145
Frankie Van VRS 9145/VSD 79145
Spike driver?s blues Vng VRS 9148/VSD 79148
See see rider Vng VRS 9148/VSD 79148
Stagolee Vng VRS 9148/VSD 79148
Coffee blues Vng VRS 9148/VSD 79148
Washington, DC, c. 1963/64
Let the mermaids flirt with me unissued
I shall not be moved Doc(Au) DLP 525
Avalon blues Doc(Au) DLP 525
I hate to see that evening Sun go down Doc(Au) DLP 525
Payday Doc(Au) DLP 525
Casey Jones Doc(Au) DLP 525
Spanish flang dang [inst] Doc(Au) DLP 525
Welcome Doc(Au) DLP 525
Washington D.C., 1963/64
Trouble, I?ve had it all my days Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
See see rider Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Pera Lee Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Louis Collins Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Coffee blues Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Nobody?s dirty business Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Do Lord remember me Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Monday morning blues Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Let the mermaids flirt with me Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Pay day Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Stacko-Lee Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Casey Jones Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Frankie and Albert Rebel(Cn) LP 1068
Stockwell Rounder CD 1100
(Above LP reissued as Piedmont-Legacy CLPS 1068.)
live, Falls Church, Va. 14/15/21 Mar 1964
Lazy blues Piedmont PLP 13161
Farther along Piedmont PLP 13161
Sliding Delta Piedmont PLP 13161
Nobody cares for me Piedmont PLP 13161
Cow hooking blues No. 2 Piedmont PLP 13161
Talkin? Casey Piedmont PLP 13161
Weeping and wailing Piedmont PLP 13161
Worried blues Piedmont PLP 13161
Oh Mary, don?t you weep Piedmont PLP 13161
I been cryin? since you been gone Piedmont PLP 13161
Monday morning blues Fw LP 2390
Pallet on the floor Fw LP 2390
Newport Folk Festival, RI, 23-26 July 1964
Sliding Delta Van VRS 9181/VSD 79181
Bye and bye I will see Jesus Van VRS 9181/VSD 79181
Talking Casey Van VRS 9181/VSD 79183
Coffee blues Van VRS 9183/VSD 79183
New York, July 1964
Pay day Van VRS 9220
I?m satisfied Van VRS 9220
Candy man Van VRS 9220
Make me a pallet on the floor Van VRS 9220
Talking Casey Van VRS 9220
Corrina, Corrina Van VRS 9220
Coffee blues Van VRS 9220
Louis Collins Van VRS 9220
Hot time in the old town tonight Van VRS 9220
If you don?t want me baby Van VRS 9220
Spike driver?s blues Van VRS 9220
Beulah land Van VRS 9220
(Also issued as stereo VSD 79220.)
V/g with Patrick Sky (g -1).
Since I laid my burden down Van VRS 9248
Moaning the blues -1 Van VRS 9248
Buck dance (Stock time) [inst] Van VRS 9248
Lazy blues Van VRS 9248
Richland women blues Van VRS 9248
Tender virgins (wise and foolish virgins) Van VRS 9248
Hop joint Van VRS 9248
Monday morning blues -1 Van VRS 9248
I?ve got the blues and I can?t be satisfied Van VRS 9248
Keep on knocking Van VRS 9248
Chicken Van VRS 9248
Stagolee Van VRS 9248
Nearer my God to Thee Van VRS 9248
(Also issued in stereo VSD 79248.)
V/g.
Ontario Place Coffee House, Washington, DC, 27/28 November 1964
Slidin? Delta Genes CD 9906
Salty dog Genes CD 9906
Louis Collins Genes CD 9906
Staggerlee Genes CD 9906
Monday mornin? blues Genes CD 9906
Comin? home Genes CD 9906
Candyman blues Genes CD 9906
A hot time in the old town tonight Genes CD 9906
K.C. Jones blues Genes CD 9906
Make me a pallet on you floor Genes CD 9906
You can?t come in Genes CD 9906
Joe Turner Genes CD 9906
Spanish flangdang Genes CD 9906
Lonesome am I Genes CD 9906
I shall not be moved Genes CD 9906
CC rider Genes CD 9906
Trouble blues Genes CD 9906
Lovin? spoonful Genes CD 9907
Richland woman blues Genes CD 9907
Frankie and Albert (Johnny) Genes CD 9907
Creole Belle Genes CD 9907
Chicken Genes CD 9907
V/g or Speech, with Pete Seeger -1.
Ontario Place Coffee House, Washington, DC, 12 December 1964
Interview -1 Genes CD 9907
Let the mermaids flirt with me Genes CD 9907
Nobody?s dirty business Genes CD 9907
Stop time (Buck dance) Genes CD 9907
Worried blues Genes CD 9907
Avalon blues Genes CD 9907
V/g with Patrick Sky (g -1).
New York, February 1966
Poor boy, long ways from home Van VSD 79327
First shot missed him Van VSD 79327
Farther along Van VSD 79327
Waiting for you -1 Van VSD 79327
Trouble, I?ve had it all my days Van VSD 79327
Good morning, Carrie -1 Van VSD 79327
Nobody cares for me Van VSD 79327
V/g.
Oberlin College, Oh, 15 April 1966
Here am I, oh Lord, send me Van VSD 19/20
I shall not be moved Van VSD 19/20
Nearer my God to Thee Van VSD 19/20
Baby what?s wrong with you/ Van VSD 19/20
It ain?t nobody?s business
Salty dog blues Van VSD 19/20
Coffee blues Van VSD 19/20
Avalon my home town Van VSD 19/20
Make me a pallet on the floor Van VSD 19/20
Since I?ve laid this burden down Van VSD 19/20
Sliding Delta Van VSD 19/20
Monday morning blues Van VSD 19/20
Richland women blues Van VSD 19/20
Candy man Van VSD 19/20
Stagolee Van VSD 19/20
My Creole belle Van VSD 19/20
C.C. rider Van VSD 19/20
Spanish fandango [inst] Van VSD 19/20
Talking Casey Van VSD 19/20
Chicken Van VSD 19/20
You are my sunshine Van VSD 19/20
Hop joint Van CD 79702
Trouble, I?ve seen it all my days Van CD 79702
Spike driver blues Van CD 79702
Candy man Quicksilver QS 5007
My Creole belle Quicksilver QS 5007
Make me a pallet on the floor Quicksilver QS 5007
Shake that thing Quicksilver QS 5007
I?m satisfied Quicksilver QS 5007
Salty dog Quicksilver QS 5007
Nobody?s business but mine Quicksilver QS 5007
The angels laid him away Quicksilver QS 5007
Casey Jones Quicksilver QS 5007
Baby what?s wrong with you Quicksilver QS 5007
Lonesome blues Quicksilver QS 5007
Rich(land) woman blues Quicksilver QS 5042
Trouble I had all my days Quicksilver QS 5042
C-h-i-c-k-e-n blues Quicksilver QS 5042
Coffee blues Quicksilver QS 5042
Monday mornin? blues Quicksilver QS 5042
Frankie and Albert Quicksilver QS 5042
Talking Casey Quicksilver QS 5042
Here I am, oh Lord, send me Quicksilver QS 5042
Hard times Quicksilver QS 5042
(or Hot time) in the old town tonight
Spike driver?s blues Quicksilver QS 5042
(Previously dated as 1965. Above titles were recorded at separate performances.)
New York, July 1966
Boys, you?re welcome Van VSD 79327
Joe Turner blues Van VSD 79327
Funky butt Van VSD 79327
Spider, spider Van VSD 79327
Shortnin? bread Van VSD 79327
Let the mermaids flirt with me Van VSD 79327
All night long Van VSD 79327
Hey honey, right away Van VSD 79327
You?ve got to die Van VSD 79327
Goodnight Irene Van VSD 79327

anything