collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
When I die, they'll say, "He couldn't play shit, but he sure made it sound good!" - Hound Dog Taylor

Author Topic: "Karen Dalton-In My Own Time"  (Read 494 times)

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
"Karen Dalton-In My Own Time"
« on: June 29, 2022, 07:28:12 PM »
HI all,
The Criterion Channel currently has available for viewing a documentary film about the Folk and Blues and Country singer Karen Dalton. I think the film is well done, and it's a sad story in many ways. She started making the scene in New York City in the early '60s, and was admired by many strong musicians there. She played guitar and banjo well, and was a special sort of singer-she had a natural catch or crack in her voice and had a gift for getting at the emotional heart of a song. She was a strong artist with her own ideas about how her music should go and sound but in other ways was fragile, and not well-equipped to deal with the music business. I don't want to give too much away. If you go to criterionchannel.com and look under "True Stories", the movie is listed there, and I don't think you have to enroll to watch one movie--it's like an introductory offer. Anyhow, I thought some of you might find it interesting.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 11:13:47 AM by Johnm »

Tags: Karen Dalton 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal