Country Blues > Weenie Campbell Main Forum

Introductions: When the Roll is called...

<< < (172/175) > >>

rein:
I visited this site for 10 years and only now found this introduction topic. I followed this forum for its wealth of information, mostly quietly because I don t have that much to contribute. My name is Rein, Dutch but currently living outside of Bergen, Norway. An interest in history guitars and where things came from (and a Stefan Grossman book from the Library )led me to attempt country blues guitar when I was 15. 30 years later my interest has widened and deepened ( I would now be more hesitant to even call this music country blues when so many of its great lived and worked in cities for example), but steel deeply in love with this music. At the moment I am very much  into Tommy Johnson and his associates, and starting to explore the mandolin.

Barrelhouseblues:
Hi Everyone!  I am not sure how I DIDN't find you 10 years ago!!!!  I have long studied the blues and I learned from this group as soon as I found it!! I enjoy your shows and network! and I plan to learn many more country blues songs with yall's help :) 

Eventually I will post up some of my music... but if your dying to hear it (like I know you are) look for Martin Hruz, Barrelhouse blues or Blues127 :) 

Looks like I owe the Britts a second time around for keeping my country's music alive and well :P

Rivers:
Welcome rein and Barrelhouseblues, great to have you on board. Please feel free to jump into the discussions on the site.

Slack:
Indeed, a warm welcome to rein and Barrelhouseblues - glad you found the Introductions topic!

Stuart:
Welcome aboard, rein and Barrelhouseblues. We look forward to seeing  more of you around these parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version