collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
He's had a lot of trouble at home and he's decided to hit the dirty, dusty road for parts unknown. He wants to forget everything and to go somewhere else, so he sings this novel blues as his lazy mule joggles him along the old dirt road - Charlie Patton, 1929 newspaper ad for Down The Dirt Road Blues

Author Topic: Modern Country Blues Musicians?  (Read 591 times)

Offline CanadianStringPicker

• Howdy!
Modern Country Blues Musicians?
« on: September 13, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »
Can anyone recomend me any people from the last 15 years or so who are playing the old acoustic style country blues anymore?

I love the old stuff, I study it and breath it, I'd listen to Charley Pattons' Prayer Of Death Part 1 on loop for eternity over every modern "blues" record to date. I'm just looking to find and listen to some new stuff if there is any out there worth dropping my small pile of pennies on.

I picked up an album from Precious Bryant a ways back that was really really good. I like the early Reverend Peytons Big Damn Band off the album Big Damn Nation and The WHole Fam Damnily, their slower songs anyway.

Someone please help me out here and give me some names to look into, googling it comes up with electric guitar bands etc etc :(
It takes booze and blues, Lord, to carry me through.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Modern Country Blues Musicians?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »
Hi,
Your previous query about this was merged with a pre-existing thread, "Who's Who in the Contemporary Acoustic & Country Blues".  Look there.
All best,
Johnm

Offline CanadianStringPicker

• Howdy!
Re: Modern Country Blues Musicians?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »
Sorry Sir,

I'm new to this Forum style.

I just realized how to check for replies to my posts.

Much appreciated!
It takes booze and blues, Lord, to carry me through.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal