collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I've been in bigger jails than you've been in towns - Peg Leg Pete puts younger men present in their place, from Bruce Bastin's "Crying for the Carolines"

Author Topic: Mance Lipscomb's "Trouble In Mind"  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Mance Lipscomb's "Trouble In Mind"
« on: January 21, 2004, 09:46:55 AM »
Hi all,
I offer the following info courtesy of Dirty Red, who has been away from the site for a while.  His news is really good--I used to listen to this album on WXPN, out of Philly, and it is the source of the version of "Rocks and Gravel", that is taught in an on-line lesson here.  From Dirty Red,
"Mance's long out-of-print and never-before-on-CD album for Reprise, "Trouble in Mind", has in fact been issued on CD by Rhino Handmade, a "boutique" subdivision of Rhino.  It's strictly a limited edition (of about 2500 copies) and costs around $20, but there 'tis.  The only online sources for it appear to be CD Universe (www.cduniverse.com) and Collector's Choice Music (www.ccmusic.com).
Thanks to Red for the update.  This great album was never easy to find, even when it was in print and on vinyl.  It seemed like the type of info that should be passed along.
All best,
John

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal